:: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking scr…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek, Tony Lindgren
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking screen fails to work after battery charging goes crazy
Hi,

On 14/01/2021 23:16, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> So... there's a problem with charging, where connecting Droid 4 to
>>> (weak) charger blinks the green LED, creates interesting sound effects
>>> and spam of notifications...
>>>
>>> And then there's separate problem, where all this apparently causes
>>> GUI to stop working properly, including lock screen slider freezing in
>>> 80% position or (more commonly) in 100% position but not unlocking the
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> And yes, charging events should be probably ratelimited somewhere, but
>>> GUI still should not freeze like this.
>>
>> With the current set of cpcap charger and battery patches (as posted
>> to the lists and applied for testing in maemo-leste kernel), we should
>> have battery status show full while charger keeps connecting and
>> disconnecting when battery is full.
>
> I'm using Leste with its kernel, rather old.

If you use the -devel repository, you will be on 5.10, but be warned
that we're still attempting to resolve some hangs/resets that occur
seemingly randomly (although it looks like it might be solved now).

We'll probably move the new kernel to non-devel soon, once it looks like
the resets are indeed gone.

Cheers,
Merlijn