:: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking scr…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: merlijn, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking screen fails to work after battery charging goes crazy
Hi!

> > So... there's a problem with charging, where connecting Droid 4 to
> > (weak) charger blinks the green LED, creates interesting sound effects
> > and spam of notifications...
> >
> > And then there's separate problem, where all this apparently causes
> > GUI to stop working properly, including lock screen slider freezing in
> > 80% position or (more commonly) in 100% position but not unlocking the
> > machine.
> >
> > And yes, charging events should be probably ratelimited somewhere, but
> > GUI still should not freeze like this.
>
> With the current set of cpcap charger and battery patches (as posted
> to the lists and applied for testing in maemo-leste kernel), we should
> have battery status show full while charger keeps connecting and
> disconnecting when battery is full.

I'm using Leste with its kernel, rather old.

But problem is not when battery is full, problem is when charger is
weak and battery is empty. Kernel tries to probe for maximum current,
and green LED blinks at > 1Hz....

> BTW, we also have the inductive charger there and at some point will
> probably also add status for that too.. I'd rather not start messing
> with the charger syfs state to show bogus full status. Not sure how
> the other chargers are handling this.

Does droid 4 support that?

https://www.theverge.com/2012/2/16/2802430/motorola-droid-4-verizon-wireless-charging

Aha, needs special cover. Okay... I believe wireless charging is bad
idea, anyway...

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--