:: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking scr…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: merlijn, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste locking screen fails to work after battery charging goes crazy
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [210113 12:37]:
> Hi!
>
> So... there's a problem with charging, where connecting Droid 4 to
> (weak) charger blinks the green LED, creates interesting sound effects
> and spam of notifications...
>
> And then there's separate problem, where all this apparently causes
> GUI to stop working properly, including lock screen slider freezing in
> 80% position or (more commonly) in 100% position but not unlocking the
> machine.
>
> And yes, charging events should be probably ratelimited somewhere, but
> GUI still should not freeze like this.

With the current set of cpcap charger and battery patches (as posted
to the lists and applied for testing in maemo-leste kernel), we should
have battery status show full while charger keeps connecting and
disconnecting when battery is full.

I think the issue is that we should primarily look at the battery
status in sysfs and only look up usb status as needed.

Care to check /sys/class/power_supply/battery/uevent and see if that
shows full as it should while usb/uevent keeps toggling?

BTW, we also have the inductive charger there and at some point will
probably also add status for that too.. I'd rather not start messing
with the charger syfs state to show bogus full status. Not sure how
the other chargers are handling this.

Regards,

Tony