:: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist aga…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist again in Beowulf?
On Monday 07 December 2020 at 16:37:08, Anto via Dng wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I just did dist-upgrade on my KVM VPS and I just realised that libsystemd0
> got pulled from beowulf repository:

> Now I cannot purge that libsystemd0 because a lot of things depend on
> that.

Please outline precisely what the problem with libsystemd0 is.

As far as I understand it, libsystemd0 is a stub library, providing function
*names* required by various other libraries which are expecting to see
systemd-like things available, but its primary purpose is to say "this
function is not available", so everything is "happy", despite there being no
systemd code at all in the machine.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Please apologise my errors, since I have a very small device.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.