:: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist again i…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist again in Beowulf?

Hello Everybody,

      I just did dist-upgrade on my KVM VPS and I just realised that
      libsystemd0 got pulled from beowulf repository:

root@deeppurple:/home/anto#
        apt-get update

        Get:1
http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf InRelease [33.2 kB]
        Get:2
http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates InRelease
        [26.0 kB]

        Get:3
http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security InRelease
        [25.6 kB]

        Get:4
http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii InRelease [33.2 kB]
        Get:5
http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii-security InRelease
        [26.3 kB]

        Get:6
http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii-updates InRelease [26.0
        kB]

        Get:7
http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii-security/main amd64
        Packages [596 kB]

        Fetched 767 kB in 3s (225 kB/s)

        Reading package lists... Done

        root@deeppurple:/home/anto#

        root@deeppurple:/home/anto# apt-get -u dist-upgrade

        Reading package lists... Done

        Building dependency tree

        Reading state information... Done

        Calculating upgrade... Done

          linux-image-4.19.0-13-amd64

          libcups2 libcupsimage2 libefiboot1 libefivar1
        libnss-myhostname libsystemd0 libxml2 linux-compiler-gcc-8-x86
        linux-image-amd64 linux-kbuild-4.19 mariadb-common

        11 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

        Need to get 51.3 MB of archives.

        After this operation, 270 MB of additional disk space will be
        used.

        Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

        Get:1
http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64
        libsystemd0 amd64 241-7~deb10u5 [331 kB]

        Get:2
http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64
        libcupsimage2 amd64 2.2.10-6+deb10u4 [133 kB]

        .

root@deeppurple:/home/anto#

The strange thing is that, I always block
      anything related to systemd in all my installs using
      /etc/apt/preference.d like below, but this time it slipped out.

root@deeppurple:/home/anto# cat
          /etc/apt/preferences.d/00blocksystemd

          Package: dh-systemd

          Pin: origin ""

          Pin-Priority: -1

          .

          Package: libsystemd0

          Pin: origin ""

          Pin-Priority: -1

          .

root@deeppurple:/home/anto#

What is going on here?

      Now I cannot purge that libsystemd0 because a lot of things depend
      on that.

      Kind regards,

      Anto