:: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist aga…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist again in Beowulf?

On 07/12/2020 16:49, Antony Stone
      wrote:

On Monday 07 December 2020 at 16:37:08, Anto via Dng wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I just did dist-upgrade on my KVM VPS and I just realised that libsystemd0
got pulled from beowulf repository:

Now I cannot purge that libsystemd0 because a lot of things depend on
that.

Please outline precisely what the problem with libsystemd0 is.

As far as I understand it, libsystemd0 is a stub library, providing function
*names* required by various other libraries which are expecting to see
systemd-like things available, but its primary purpose is to say "this
function is not available", so everything is "happy", despite there being no
systemd code at all in the machine.

      I know that as I had several of this kind of discussions on this
      mailing list since day one Devuan exists.
It is a matter of
        principle to me,
but what can I do as ordinary user or
      non-coder.
So
        I don't want to repeat that kind of discussions as I just need
        to accept that.

But this time I just don't
      understand why that stupid library got pull into my KVM VPS even
      though blocked it. In all my desktop installs
like on the PC that I am
        using now,
it does not exist.

root@hp8570w:~#