:: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully work…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with Devuan?
On 2020-11-29 21:26, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with
> Devuan? As a bonus, has anyone gotten it to work without Pulseaudio?

I set up an old Dell XPS desktop for a friend's son with Manjaro. I
chose this because it was the only distro that came with the drivers
"out of the box". The Dell has a GTX 460. Not the same, though, I think
the drivers are the same. None of the recent drivers worked. I am not a
gamer nor am I familiar with Nvidia binary blobs. Though I vaguley
remember something about various open and closed source drivers that
varying levels of feature support. The old 460 works well, but not with
the recent drivers. I think those are for a different architecture - if
you can call it that. You could install Manjaro and see what drivers
they are using and install those on Devuan. For a bonus, check out
mgame. That was how I found out that Nvidia drivers are included in
Manjaro - amazing and a bit funny too.