:: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully work…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with Devuan?
On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 19:48:34 +0100
Riccardo Mottola via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > Has anyone successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with
> > Devuan? As a bonus, has anyone gotten it to work without
> > Pulseaudio?
>
> did you try nouveau? It is your only long-term hope, the short term
> being using binary drivers.

Yes. Works fairly well, but intermittently X just terminates. Of
course, this could be a hardware problem, or a problem with who knows
what, but it's a problem I need to fix before appointing this machine
my new Daily Driver Desktop (DDD). Also, when I scroll, distortion
occurs on the screen, so I can't read while mousewheel scrolling. I
didn't even know I did this until it the ability was taken away from me.

> I  have a 7300 series card (so still 7 family, but older than yours)
> and no way I can get it to work, NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD all refuse
> to show something.

Remind me not to get one of them.

Just in case, 24 hours ago I ordered a Radeon 5450 with 2GB RAM from
Dell. If you guys haven't shopped at Dell, try it. They have *very*
helpful chat people all hours of the day. I got my help at about 4am.
My chat guy made sure I got what I wanted, when I wanted. Don't try
that at Egghead, Walmart, Amazon, BH Photos and the like. Dell's price
was on par with many, and lower than some.

Thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive