:: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully work…
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with Devuan?
Hi,

Steve Litt wrote:
> Has anyone successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with
> Devuan? As a bonus, has anyone gotten it to work without Pulseaudio?

did you try nouveau? It is your only long-term hope, the short term
being using binary drivers.

I  have a 7300 series card (so still 7 family, but older than yours) and
no way I can get it to work, NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD all refuse to show
something.

Devuan with nouveau came closest by detecting the card ans showing X11
with correct colors, icons but the HW cursor was completely bad and also
certain text would not display, other yes. I did not try tweaking
further parameters,  since my goal was to run something different than
Devuan itself, I just tried as a reference.

Riccardo