:: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? E…
Author: Mike Tubby
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? Easiest possible newbie email server setup, ideas?

On 24/09/2020 11:14, Mark Rousell wrote:
> On 24/09/2020 07:30, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
>>
>> in my opinion a home connection server smtp+imap/pop will not be very
>> usable. most rbl's block dynamic addresses so you won't be able to
>> deliver much...
>
> In some areas (e.g. the UK), the better ISPs provide static IPs so
> this issue is bypassed.

... and I use this to my advantage by hosting a public machine with
Devuan 3.0 + Exim + Dovecot + MariaDB and have all my mail served to
'inside' my house and my mobile devices (laptop, Android mobile phone)
from my public IP.

The better ISPs in the UK also give you a /48 of IPv6 as well, which is
enough address space for anything I'm likely to need!