:: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? E…
Author: Jim Jackson
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? Easiest possible newbie email server setup, ideas?

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020, Mark Rousell wrote:

> On 24/09/2020 07:30, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> >
> > in my opinion a home connection server smtp+imap/pop will not be very
> > usable. most rbl's block dynamic addresses so you won't be able to
> > deliver much...
>
> In some areas (e.g. the UK), the better ISPs provide static IPs so this
> issue is bypassed.

Mostly. Somemail servers do a reverse IP lookup and see if it matches your
envelope From domain.

ntlworld.com and the big german mail provider gmx.com both refuse to
accept email from my server - UK based with ISP provded fixed IP.
It's pain, but I resort to my gmail account for mail to these.
I use sendmail, so I suppose I could use some magic to reroute such
traffic.