:: Re: [DNG] Xorg stopped working afte…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Xorg stopped working after upgrade to Beowulf
Hello Marc,

You may have an old funky config left over from ASCII/stretch. I'd
invite you to consult the logs (/var/log) to see how Xorg is failing,
and at the same time checkout /etc/X11 to make sure everything is
"standard". Xorg is supposed to be started by your login manager (slim,
gdm, ...), which will as root. What you may have encountered is that
Xorg, as a user process, do not have the proper rights to use specific
paths and then fails.

As it is we know as much as you tell us: Xorg fails to start after
upgrade to Beowulf. Without more information, we'll be unable to help
further.

You could chose to go for the nuclear option: remove anything Xorg
related and then manually remove all left over files in the relevant
directories.

Ludovic