:: Re: [DNG] eudev-related problems af…
Author: David Kuehling
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev-related problems after Beowulf upgrade

> On 6/12/20 10:05 AM, David Kuehling via Dng wrote:

[..]

>> - none of the alsa sound driver modules is loaded during boot, so I
>> end up with a Desktop that does not support audio
>>
>> - the amdgpu module is not loaded, so not 3-D acceleration
>>

> This problem was showing up in the live isos but only when booting
> from optical media. It didn't happen when booting from usb (except for
> the couple of times it did).

> Workaround for now is to put the following line in /etc/rc.local:

> /etc/init.d/eudev stop && /etc/init.d/eudev start

You are right, the system rights itself if I re-start eudev from the
console. Seems that during normal boot it sometimes misses the "cold
plug" events required to load hardware drivers. Will try to add some
boot automatism for eudev restart.

The bootup of the system is somewhat special and does have some
similarities to the live ISO boot: my system is disk-less and booting
via "pxelinux" which is a syslinux derivative. Maybe the ISOs boot in a
similar way using isolinux? Does eudev do things differently depending
on whether system boots via UEFI or not?

cheers,

David