:: [DNG] Boot hangs with usb disk acti…
Author: J. Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Boot hangs with usb disk active in fstab
Hi,
I'm running Devuan Beowulf on an Odroid C2 mini computer. Since it's
internal flash disk is limited, I run it with an external usb drive
attached.
When this disk is active in /etc/fstab the boot process hangs forever. I
can ping it, so networking is started, but I cannot login, because sshd
is not running. Since this is a headless system, I cannot see boot
messages to find out where it hangs. I cannot attach a monitor because I
have no suitable cable.

Any ideas how to debug this problem?

This is the fstab entry:

LABEL=Elements /hdd ext4 defaults 0 2

Booting with this entry commented out works fine, and I can mount the
disk as normal after boot. But this way many daemons are missing its
data and have to be restarted after mount.

Jochen