:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000, Tony Lindgren
New-Topics: [maemo-leste] alsactl trouble was Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 19/05/2020 13:50, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Thank you. I got the applets... With my ofono version, sim should be
> marked as present, but it is still shown as "not there" in the applet.

Yeah, so I think I figured that out. The problem is that the current
dbus configuration doesn't allow the user "user" to talk with ofono. I
figured this out before, but clearly forgot to do anything about that
packaging wise.

Open up /etc/dbus-1/system.d/ofono.conf - and add:

>   <policy user="user">
>     <allow send_destination="org.ofono"/>
>   </policy>

... Also, don't do 'pkill dbus' like I did (took a nap, just woke up,
clearly not thinking straight). Probably just rebooting is the right
thing to do.

Then I think it should work.

Cheers,
Merlijn