:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 19/05/2020 13:50, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> Can I do something with on the Leste to get render the signal
>>> strength, etc? Are there any command line tools to verify the
>>> functionality?
>>
>> If you have the beowulf-devel line in /etc/apt/sources.list then you
>> want to run:
>>
>> apt install connui-iapsettings-gprs connui-statusbar-cellular
>> connui-home-cellular connui-cellular-settings connui-conndlgs-cellular
>>
>> And then either reboot or issue:
>>
>> pkill home # restart hildon-home
>> pkill status # restart status applet area
>>
>> Then it should show you some info.
>
> Thank you. I got the applets... With my ofono version, sim should be
> marked as present, but it is still shown as "not there" in the applet.
>
> Settings|Phone is there, but can't be entered (and controlpanel likes
> to crash).
>
> Let me try with stock ofono config...

I wouldn't waste too much time on debugging the UI - let me do that. :-)

The control panel applet for the phone is not ready. The status applet
probably also wants to know if a pin is required or not. So the
'PinRequired' field likely needs to be set (although it looks like that
is set, so nevermind.)

Let me take a look at it today -- I can probably figure out what is
missing, if anything.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Merlijn