:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: Pavel Machek, maemo-leste, nekit1000, martin_rysavy, mpartap, sre
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
* Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@???> [200519 12:00]:
> On 19/05/2020 13:50, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Thank you. I got the applets... With my ofono version, sim should be
> > marked as present, but it is still shown as "not there" in the applet.
> >
> > Settings|Phone is there, but can't be entered (and controlpanel likes
> > to crash).
> >
> > Let me try with stock ofono config...
>
> I wouldn't waste too much time on debugging the UI - let me do that. :-)
>
> The control panel applet for the phone is not ready. The status applet
> probably also wants to know if a pin is required or not. So the
> 'PinRequired' field likely needs to be set (although it looks like that
> is set, so nevermind.)

FYI, the SIM support in motmdm-serdev-ngsm is already handled by the
qmimodem code, not sure if we need to implement all that parsing for
the motorolamodem.

I also figured out how we can get qmimodem to see notifications for a
few seconds at a time last night and pushed out updated ofono
motmdm-serdev-ngsm branch for that.

So for sms for example, we now get notifications to the motorolamodem
over uart, kick the qmimodem and have it parse the sms, and only ack the
sms at motorolamodem. The same should work also for ussd, and maybe
eventually also for voice calls.

The signal strength is best just parsed with motorolamodem as we get the
accurate percentage there, while qmimodem only provides 20% accurate
estimate currently.

Anyways, we still also need Pavel's serial IO code, or something that
can be merged to the mainline ofono for talking with the modem :)
Not sure if the changes I have done can be upstreamed as some packets
may be terminated with '\n' instead of '\r'.. For the parsing code,
we should just fix-up the teminator if we wanted to use the generic
parsing code.

For acking the SMS, I noticed that sometimes the modem won't respond
with anything. Just doing this multiple times waiting few seconds
in between will make the modem eventually respond nothing:

$ printf "U1234AT+GCNMA=1\r" > /dev/gsmtty3    # (or gsmtty9)

Looking at the n_gsm debug=0xff logs, the message gets sent but no
response from the modem.

So I'm now acking in two phases with something like this:

$ printf "U1234AT+GCNMA=?\r" > /dev/gsmtty3
... +GCMS=305
$ printf "U1235AT+GCNMA=1\r" > /dev/gsmtty3
... OK

Regards,

Tony