:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy, nekit1000
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 19/05/2020 12:17, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

>>> From a feature perspective, a basic Sim Manager would be very helpful
>>> for me. All the Maemo code relies on knowing is the SIM is there or not,
>>> so currently, while the modem works fine, the UI just tells me "no sim",
>>> and doesn't render signal strength or anything else.
>>
>> I added (pretty fake) SIM manager that says yes, we have sim card. I
>> pushed the code to mux-v1.31-5 branch.
>>
>> But I'm not sure how to test it; is there ofono/test/* I should try to
>> get working?
>
> There's no separate test, but "list-modems" list the SIM properties. I
> faked modem present, and verified that it worked.
>
> Can I do something with on the Leste to get render the signal
> strength, etc? Are there any command line tools to verify the
> functionality?

If you have the beowulf-devel line in /etc/apt/sources.list then you
want to run:

apt install connui-iapsettings-gprs connui-statusbar-cellular
connui-home-cellular connui-cellular-settings connui-conndlgs-cellular

And then either reboot or issue:

pkill home # restart hildon-home
pkill status # restart status applet area

Then it should show you some info.

Cheers,
Merlijn