:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):

> Specifically, it says:
>
> "Do you think the Red Hat model would apply equally well to other
> areas of software? "
>
> "Red Hat's model works because of the complexity of the technology we
> work with. An operating platform has a lot of moving parts, and
> customers are willing to pay to be insulated from that complexity."
>
> "I don't think you can take one finite element - like Apache - and
> make a business out of it [using our model]. You need product
> complexity."
>
> Presumably Steve Litt's point is that Red Hat has to make the
> internals complex so that there's complexity to shield the costomer
> from.

Steve's is a classic non-testable paranoid conspiracy hypothesis.
These have had fans on a recurring basis in (among other places)
Steve's native USA.

https://harpers.org/archive/1964/11/the-paranoid-style-in-american-politics/

(Richard Hofstadter essay has never seemed more timely, and I don't mean
in relation to Steve's theorising.)

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen            Diaeresis:  Keeping the cow out of co-worker since 700 AD.