:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
On Tue, 19 May 2020 12:03:20 -0700
Rick Moen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> > Presumably Steve Litt's point is that Red Hat has to make the
> > internals complex so that there's complexity to shield the costomer
> > from.
>
> Steve's is a classic non-testable paranoid

It would be testable if we could put on the witness stand under oath
somebody who attended the meetings that decided to push systemd.

> conspiracy hypothesis.

Conspiracies happen. Not every event is brought forth by a single
person. I remember a time when scads of us Linux enthusiasts conspired
to depose Microsoft. "Conspiracy theory" is not an insult, regardless
of how people use the phrase.

> These have had fans on a recurring basis in (among other places)
> Steve's native USA.

Let's not confuse a theory that something is caused by several people,
acting together, with people spouting fact-averse, science-hostile,
logically incorrect kiddiebabble.

Now here's a fact. If Redhat were on trial for foisting systemd upon the
world, you'd better believe the prosecutor would bring up the link I
proffered earlier in this thread as evidence of motive.

SteveT