:: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephon…
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: Raul Claro, Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephone-conferences with DEVUAN?
Hi,

Raul Claro wrote:
>     is there a way of holding a video- or an audioconference with
> Firefox (or Vivaldi) on Devuan?  The ones I have come in contact with.
> such als /https://global.gotomeeting.com/, /work only with Windows or
> Mac and Chrome.
>
>      Are there any Debian/Devuan alternatives to these systems?

I get back to the root of this - I do not want to touch chrome.

I installed SkypeForLinux and it works very well - maybe it is not the
best answer, it is not "open" but at least not browser based! ah! SO in
matter of "trust" I don't perceive it as worse and it is an application,
so once I closed it it's closed.

It works very well on Devuan, I am surprised, fine experience.

So, Mac, Windows and Linux/amd64 - a bit better and especially other
interlocutors ("normal" business, not other hackers) are likely to have it.

On the other hand, never ever support for other CPUs, architectures,
BSD... so trade off.

I was advised to "mumble", but have no first-hand experience.

RIccardo