:: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephon…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephone-conferences with DEVUAN?
On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 08:46:03PM -0400, Dan Purgert wrote:
> On Apr 04, 2020, Raul Claro wrote:
> > Dear Devlers,
> >
> >     is there a way of holding a video- or an audioconference with Firefox
> > (or Vivaldi) on Devuan?  The ones I have come in contact with. such als
> > /https://global.gotomeeting.com/, /work only with Windows or Mac and
> > Chrome.
> >
> >      Are there any Debian/Devuan alternatives to these systems?
>
> Jitsi would be my initial go-to, as Zoom seems to have proven themselves
> less-than-trustworthy in the last couple of weeks.

I've been completely unable to get on Zoom from firefox esr.
Is it likely to work with Chrome or chromium? One of my regular
meeetings has chosen Zoom, leaving me little choice.

Any idea how much computer jitsi needs? My server is over a decade old.
I've been hanging onto it because it's too old to have a management
engine.

-- hendrik