:: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephon…
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A way of holding telephone-conferences with DEVUAN?

Rod Rodolico wrote on 7/4/20 4:05 pm:
> I just installed a Jitsi instance on one of my old servers last week. My
> 15 year old granddaughter did most of the work. We built it as a Xen
> virtual with 10G disk, 4G RAM and 4 dedicated cores. We used ASCII as
> the Distro.

I've done two separate jitsi installations on tiny qemu hosts (beowulf),
single-cpu with 1G RAM (and 4G swap). An ad hoc test indicated a load increase
of about 0.2 per connections, and it worked on the test with 8 connections (5
from myself, and 3 from someone else).

Of course my chrome client couldn't service more than 5 concurrent connections,
and that took that client machine (8 CPU with 16 G RAM) up to a load of 15, but
the server was happy.

I give a special tick for jitsi that it is without any login, ie "anonymous",
and the server, if you want one, is quite easily installed. I wanted my own
server nearby in Sydney, and in LA for a friend; meet.jit.si is somewhere in EU
I think.

Ralph.