:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 12:05:25 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Saturday 18 April 2020 at 12:00:18, dal wrote:
>
> > Is it only me who gets in /var/log/daemon.log loads of
> >
> > brltty[...]: file system mount error: usbfs[brltty-usbfs] ->
> > /var/run/brltty/usbfs: No such device
>
> Did you deliberately install accessibility for blind people?
>
> brltty is the Braille display driver, and you will get these messages
> if the Braille display is not connected.

I never thought about this before, but I think all packages for blind
people should come with all standard packages. Doing so avoids the
buried shovel situation where the blind person could install the
packages for blind people if only he or she could read enough to
install them.

Those of us who aren't blind can easily de-install them.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb