:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 09:31:51PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> I never thought about this before, but I think all packages for blind
> people should come with all standard packages. Doing so avoids the
> buried shovel situation where the blind person could install the
> packages for blind people if only he or she could read enough to
> install them.

Thank you for your sentiment Steve. Devuan however does have an
accessible install option. This means that whatever accessibility
speech or braille output options were chosen during the install will
also be activated in the installed system. So, if someone initially
installed with for example software speech but not with braille but
that person needs braille later, that individual should be able to use
the already activated software speech to install and configure brltty
for braille output. For those who don't need brltty and who find the
log messages a problem, uninstalling brltty should resolve the issue.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1