:: Re: [maemo-leste] Hack for ofono go…
Top Page
Delete this message
Reply to this message
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: Pavel Machek, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4

On 08/04/2020 16:43, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> So looks like we can't re-route qmi notifications for incoming things.
> Those must be handled over the motorolamodem /dev/motmdm* interfaces.
> I sort of now have qmi+motmdm ofono stuff working incoming sms too :)
> I will need a bit more time to test and clean-up, but I think we can
> just use motorolamodem for incoming sms, and send over qmimodem. That
> way we should have MMS also working hopefully.


> OK. So if you can check that typing in a SIM pin etc works that would be
> great. As some of the notifcations seem to be hardcoded to go only to
> the /dev/motmdm*, we may not get currently some result returned back.

I have not checked sim unlocking yet, but, it seems to work. A few


(It doesn't seem to pick up on 2G or 3G icons, since the ofono interface
for getting the network technology seems to have changed)

I also had to allow the user "user" to access ofono over dbus, which is
weird, because that worked before.

I can confirm that the network strength bars do change over time, so
they're not entirely static.

> I think this is limited to incoming voice, sms and ussd only though, and
> hopefully does not happen with SIM access or network configuration change
> for example, with changing network preferenc from 3G to GSM etc.

I tried that:

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.GetProperties
> ({'TechnologyPreference': <'any'>, 'AvailableTechnologies': <['gsm', 'umts']>},)

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.SetProperty TechnologyPreference \"gsm\"
> ()

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.GetProperties
> ({'TechnologyPreference': <'gsm'>, 'AvailableTechnologies': <['gsm', 'umts']>},)

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.GetServingCellInformation
> ({'Technology': <'gsm'>, 'Strength': <byte 0x1f>, 'BitErrorRate': <byte 0x00>},)

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.SetProperty TechnologyPreference \"umts\"
> ()

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.GetServingCellInformation
> ({'Technology': <'umts'>, 'Strength': <byte 0x1f>},)

But, I am not sure if fully worked. When I switched to gsm again, it was
searching for the operators for minutes and didn't find one, but
switching back to umts made it work. This is what it shows now:

> # mdbus2 -s org.ofono /motmdm_0 org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.GetProperties
> ({'Status': <'roaming'>, 'Mode': <'auto'>, 'LocationAreaCode': <uint16 0>, 'CellId': <uint32 10[stripped by Merlijn]>, 'MobileCountryCode': <'204'>, 'MobileNetworkCode': <'08'>, 'Name': <'Lycamobile (Lycamobile)'>},)

Anyway -- progress!