:: Re: [maemo-leste] Hack for ofono go…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200408 19:45]:
> Hi!
>
> > Pavel, I cleaned up your voicecall patch a bit. Care to check if
> > something else should still be left out in addition to the debug
> > stuff I dropped?
>
> I'll eventually get some kind of networking to work on D4 and then
> take a look...

OK

> > I did not touch drivers/motorolamodem/sms.c so far, so this only
> > works for voice and maybe data so far. Do you have a more cleaned
> > up version of sms.c available somewhere other han your m-v1.29-1
> > branch?
>
> You want clean version of that?

Well I was wondering if you had worked on it more but sounds like
not :)

> That code has multiple problems; it probably does not work at all with
> recent kernels. Modifying linebreaks might fix it.

I mostly now have the sms receive part done, and sending works over qmi.
The receive ack..

> Then it may or may not reliably acknowledge incoming sms. That means
> that first one will work, but not the second one. I fought with
> it. I'm not sure I got it right. It may interfere with other methods
> of receiving SMS...

..yeah still need to debug that and look at the n_gsm data logs.

> So... obviously clean code would be nice, but it needs to work
> first. Sorry :-).

So far looks like we are almost good to go now, probably no need to
tinker with the motorolamodem sms send code because of qmi sending :)

Regards,

Tony