:: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...
Author: Felipe Schmidt Fonseca
To: UKE
CC: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...
Kruno,

For the purposes of my own research here, I’m not considering sewage as part of solid waste. I once read about the active market that used to exist in and around London for domestic toilet waste - and indeed would be taken to agricultural use. That disappeared with structured sewage systems. It arguably didn’t smell good and probably had health implications. But again, replacing a local solution for a fast-paced industrial one makes people less aware of their own impact in the world. Allienated of their own shit.

Don’t know if Alexandre Freire is still on this list, but I remember he telling us that the first sustainability measure he and his brother had to consider when building a house in an island off the coast of Sao Paulo state was precisely that of recycling their own shit - as most of the island is inside a natural reserve.

efe