:: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...
Author: UKE
To: Bricolabs, Felipe Schmidt Fonseca
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...
Hi Felipe and all,

Thank you for the link, this part got me thinking:

"The requirements for that system to work properly are very high. First
of all, there must be a steady influx of recyclable materials,
preferably already cleaned up and sorted according to type and quality.
There must be an industrial plant with the proper equipment,
methodologies, workforce, sources of energy, social responsibility
measures and environmental licenses. Finally, there must be an active
market willing to buy recycled materials."

I don't know if solid waist also means sewage waste, I would argue yes,
but as non-expert would reason no, as it is all mixed into the sort of
liquid at the end.

So I imagine composting, by dividing solids from liquids, can also put
sewage waist into solid category (or solids and liquids). There is
steady influx (we go to toilet all the time), it can be sorted (solid to
solid, liquid to liquid), mechanisms can be installed locally (your own
separating toilet, no to centralized filtering and sewage plant, your
own composting facility), source of energy is gravitation and
ventilation (that can be powered locally by solar), social
responsibility actually only requires all to sit down when at composting
toilet so the process of separation would continues (as it is already
done in our bodies), but this can be further developed by design. And
active market is agriculture (ideally permaculture) that needs manure -
compost from solid and nitrogen rich fertilizer from liquid. Can that be
argued as cradle to cradle circle?

I remember, but cant produce links, to a case where mayor of Zagreb
agreed to hide toxic sludge filtered at sewage plants by inserting it
below newly layered asphalt. New roads were made, mayor was wining
votes, toxic sludge was decomposed. I can't see the need for sewage
system, plants, energy, filters, etc, as toxicity was still there, in
the ground, ready to be taken by rains to drinking water and further to
the environment.

Greetings,

Kruno