:: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...
Author: Jean-Noël Montagné
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] On waste...

Le 01/03/2020 à 16:27, Paula Vélez a écrit :

> You probably alrady know this project going on:
> https://theoceancleanup.com/rivers/

Very good for rivers and seas, BUT it's not a technical problem. It's a
political and educative problem.

-no action against the growing use of plastic

-no action against the growing spread of garbage by people who don't
know what/where a bin is.

-no educative action. No long term action.

the business model itself is quite disturbing:

-" we bring the silicon valley culture to the Netherlands"
https://theoceancleanup.com/careers/ makes me sick. " we work anywhere,
anytime " berk... worst, look at this :
https://theoceancleanup.com/careers/jobs/business-development-manager-asia/
full of bullshit and novlang : "You can manage a pipeline of
opportunities .....

another disgusting page:

https://theoceancleanup.com/the-price-tag-of-plastic-pollution/

"Marine litter notoriously affects the ecosystems of our world’s
waterways. As a result, industries such as fisheries and tourism, and
even governments, continue to experience sustained economic impacts."

They look at the earth only in economic terms....

in my opinion, protecting nature can't be seen as a business model. And
investing in cleaning, without investing in stopping the pollution
FIRST, is pure hypocrisy.

JN