:: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed? dro…
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed? dropin replacement
On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 00:35:26 -0800
tom <tom@???> wrote:

> Deprecated gksudo? Well thats pretty dumb. Any particular reason
> Devuan doesn't just fish around for the old gksudo git repo and
> continue that instead of dealing with this policykit mess of
> complexity? You can allow users in your a group for example
> 'installers' to run synaptic by editing sudo's config like so:
>
> %installers ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/synaptic
>
> This Policykit stuff just seems like completely unneeded and unstable
> cruft like systemd or pulseaudio.
>
> Thank you for clarifying though. I'm going to see about getting it
> working on Gentoo since I have more experience with ebuilds than I do
> with Debian packaging currently.

Just found a drop-in replacement for gksudo. It's called lxqt-sudo.
https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt-sudo
It works pretty well.

/ We're Knights of the Round Table We     \

| dance whene'er we're able We do         |
| routines and chorus scenes We're        |
| knights of the Round Table With         |
| footwork impeccable Our shows are       |
| formidable We dine well here in Camelot |
| But many times We eat ham and jam and   |
| Spam a lot. We're given rhymes          |
| That are quite unsingable In war we're  |
| tough and able, We're opera mad in      |
| Camelot Quite indefatigable We sing     |
| from the diaphragm a lot. Between our   |
| quests We sequin vests And impersonate  |
| Clark Gable It's a busy life in         |
| Camelot. I have to push the pram a lot. |

\ -- Monty Python                         /
\
 \
   /\   /\