:: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed? bri…
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] why is polkit needed? bring back gksudo
Deprecated gksudo? Well thats pretty dumb. Any particular reason Devuan
doesn't just fish around for the old gksudo git repo and continue that
instead of dealing with this policykit mess of complexity? You can
allow users in your a group for example 'installers' to run synaptic by
editing sudo's config like so:

%installers ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/synaptic

This Policykit stuff just seems like completely unneeded and unstable
cruft like systemd or pulseaudio.

Thank you for clarifying though. I'm going to see about getting it
working on Gentoo since I have more experience with ebuilds than I do
with Debian packaging currently.

/ "You can't teach seven foot." -- Frank \
| Layton, Utah Jazz basketball coach,    |
| when asked why he had recruited        |

\ a seven-foot tall auto mechanic        /
\
 \
   /\   /\