:: Re: [DNG] PSI+ (Qt) on XFCE (GTK) o…
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] PSI+ (Qt) on XFCE (GTK) on Beowulf
On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 10:30:11 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 18/02/2020 à 10:02, kernel panic! a écrit :
> > Hello freedom Heroes,
> >
> > i will use PSI+ on my Beowulf, XFCE. if i start it on XFCE "nothing
> > happend" The "XDG Runtime Dir" never exist on GTK?
> >

> >> :~$ psi-plus
> >> [20200218 9:25:18] W:QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set,
> >> defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-michael' (unknown:0, unknown)
> >>

> > Can i make this via hand? Or any other Idea?
> >
> > Thanks in Advaced
> >
> > Michael
> >
>     Many XDG_*_DIR are declared in $HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs
>
>     I know that if you want one of them to *not* be created, it
> doesn't work to just delete the line; the only way is to declare it
> as some already existing directory, eg $HOME.
>
>     Don't know if it would work to add XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to this file.
> That's just some black magic I would try.
>
>     Happy if it helps.
>
>         Didier

Hey, I don't know for sure if this is the same issue your having, but I
have compiled psi-plus by hand on ASCII and been in contact with the
devs. If you do it on ASCII you must set the chat type to BASIC not
WEBKIT. This is because there is some javascript functions in the
webkit edition that do not work with the older version of webkit that
comes with ASCII. BASIC is fine enough for most cases and certainly a
lot more ram efficient but this could also be fixed by someone
adjusting the javascript to not use such new functions. It just not has
been important enough to do yet for anyone and BASIC is good enough for
most.

/ "You can't teach seven foot." -- Frank \
| Layton, Utah Jazz basketball coach,    |
| when asked why he had recruited        |

\ a seven-foot tall auto mechanic        /
\
 \
   /\   /\