:: Re: [DNG] Again, again: DMARC is a …
Author: terryc
To: dng
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 13:01:25 +0000
Mark Rousell <mark.rousell@???> wrote:

> On 28/12/2019 07:01, Steve Litt wrote:
> > So, if we insist on assisting Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, and their ilk,
> > and all their users, by incorporating DMARC
>
> Really, it's surely not a matter of willingly helping them. It's more
> a matter of survival at all in a world where they carry a significant
> proportion (possibly a majority but it's not certain) of the world's
> email and where they re-make the rules to suit themselves. Just be
> glad they still support SMTP at all!

YMMV, but I do not need to carry a significant proportion of global
emails. In fact, all those listed above and plenty others are
permanently blocked on my mail server for over a decade plus because of
their "free speech" stupidty of passing on what is clearly spam.

SMTP wiill be a very long time dying when the names' business models
are all about exploiting their marks/customers.