:: Re: [DNG] Again, again: DMARC is a …
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: dng

On 29/12/19 12:01 am, Mark Rousell wrote:
> On 28/12/2019 07:01, Steve Litt wrote:
>> So, if we insist on assisting Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, and their
>> ilk, and all their users, by incorporating DMARC
>
> Really, it's surely not a matter of willingly helping them. It's
> more a matter of survival at all in a world where they carry a
> significant proportion (possibly a majority but it's not certain)
> of the world's email and where they re-make the rules to suit
> themselves. Just be glad they still support SMTP at all!

Sadly that is too true.

They screw up greylisting, they screw up SPF and they screw up DMARC.

And to make matters worse, you can easily block IP addresses and IP
blocks of bad email servers.... unless it comes from the rotten lot as
above (including Apple and Microsoft). I see plenty of forwarded junk
coming through my server from Apple and it's a real pain point.

I just wish everyone would stop using those rotten service providers
when it comes to email :(

A.