:: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (wa…
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (was Re: Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 21, 2019)
On 2019-11-29 12:08, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:55:18AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
>> We discussed amprolla last night at the meet, and I think that only 1
>> of the 2
>> instances is doing anything useful. All http requests to packages.d.o
>> are
>> redirected to pkgmaster.d.o so the amprolla instance feeding
>> packages.d.o could
>> probably be disabled or removed. That only leaves 1 to update.
>
> Evilham,

> I am unclear why there is such a complicated setup. Maybe redundancy or
> golinux thought it might be left over from jessie? Any ideas?

iirc, there is an amprolla instance that serves auto.mirror.devuan.org
which is the default on the jessie isos. Even though it is now
deprecated, there are still users who pop up with auto.mirror in their
sources.list. They are advised to use deb.devuan.org. This setup wasn't
by design it is an indication of Devuan improving things. I also suspect
that the jessie mirror is running on nextime's original amprolla which
is different from parazyd's current amprolla3.

golinux