:: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (wa…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Evilham
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (was Re: Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 21, 2019)
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:55:18AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> We discussed amprolla last night at the meet, and I think that only 1 of the 2
> instances is doing anything useful. All http requests to packages.d.o are
> redirected to pkgmaster.d.o so the amprolla instance feeding packages.d.o could
> probably be disabled or removed. That only leaves 1 to update.

Evilham,

Just in case you didn't see my comment on #devuan-infra, I am now less
sure this is right. Although packages.d.o is redirected to
pkgmaster.d.o, it still has a differnt root in the nginx confiig. It
looks as if we do need both amprolla instances. Sorry.

I am unclear why there is such a complicated setup. Maybe redundancy or
golinux thought it might be left over from jessie? Any ideas?

Anyway, it is probably worth patching and keeping both instances until
we are clearer.

Sorry for the noise.

Mark