:: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (wa…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (was Re: Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 21, 2019)
On dv., nov. 29 2019, Evilham wrote:

> On dv., nov. 29 2019, Mark Hindley wrote:
>
>> Evilham,

>>> Alright, will do during Hack4Glarus next weekend since I'll be
>>> online all
>>> the time.
>>
>> Thanks for looking at this.
>>
>> We discussed amprolla last night at the meet, and I think that
>> only 1 of the 2
>> instances is doing anything useful. All http requests to
>> packages.d.o are
>> redirected to pkgmaster.d.o so the amprolla instance feeding
>> packages.d.o could
>> probably be disabled or removed. That only leaves 1 to update.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>
> Thanks Mark, I had wondered but hadn't looked into that :-).
>
> Will apply the patch in the evening and keep an eye on things
> over
> the weekend, golinux briefly mentioned that there were other
> amprolla-related concerns but they are fully independent of this
> particular fix.
>
> Just added a task to my queue to see if checksums can be an
> issue
> as mentioned on the notes, hopefully I also manage to do that
> during the weekend :-).

FTR: after reviewing the actually straightforward patch again with
others, it has been deployed for quite a while now on the instance
that affects pkgmaster.d.o (and therefore deb.d.o).

Deployment was simple and unsurprising:
1. disable cronjobs
2. wait for cronjobs to finish
3. backup
4. apply patch
5. run orchestrate and full merge manually + test locking for the
n-th time
6. re-enable cronjobs
--
Evilham