:: [devuan-mirrors] Introducing apt-pa…
Author: onefang
To: devuan-mirrors, devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-mirrors] Introducing apt-panopticon, my Devuan mirror checker script.
Some of you may know that I have been working on a new Devuan mirror
checker script. It used to be called mirror-checker-lua, for want of a
better name. Now it has a better name - apt-panopticon. I'd like to
thank fsmithred for inspiring the name, even though it's not the name
he suggested.

The general goal of apt-panopticon is to probe the Devuan mirror system
in depth, looking for problems, and produce various reports and
metrics. It's designed to be generic and extensible, though it's
currently specific to Devuan. I have the basics working now.

I'll be adding more reports eventually, then posting them to the
Devuan mirrros list on a regular basis, as well as a web based report
I'll put on my server.

You can find the source code at -

https://sledjhamr.org/cgit/apt-panopticon/

You can find the issue tracker at -

https://sledjhamr.org/mantisbt/project_page.php?project_id=13

What follows is the very first actual generated report that has been
written. Evilham requested that I add a DNS report, to show "a list of
IPs and hostnames and the chain of how they got pulled in the mix".
Hopefully this meets his desire. Hopefully it's understandable. I
started with this one since it's the easiest, and can be used as a
template to write the other reports.

...............begin report...............

This DNS report lists each mirror, and the DNS entries for that
mirror. If a mirror has a CNAME, that CNAME is listed along with that
CNAMEs DNS entries. deb.devuan.org is the DNS round robin, which points
to the mirrors that are part of the DNS-RR. pkgmaster.devuan.org is the
master mirror, all the others sync to it.

deb.devuan.org DNS entries
    deb.roundr.devuan.org
      130.225.254.116
      131.188.12.211
      141.84.43.19
      190.64.49.124
      200.236.31.1
      2001:4ca0:4300::1:19
      2001:590:3803::31:151
      2001:638:a000:1021:21::1
      2001:878:346::116
      2a01:4f8:140:1102:2b76:955d:b48f:bdf3
      2a01:4f8:162:7293::14
      2a01:4f9:2a:fa9::2
      2a02:2a38:37:13:13::2
      37.187.111.86
      37.220.36.58
      46.4.50.2
      5.196.38.18
      95.216.15.86

devuan.bio.lmu.de DNS entries
    141.84.43.19
    2001:4ca0:4300::1:19

devuan.c3sl.ufpr.br DNS entries
    sagres.c3sl.ufpr.br
      200.236.31.1
      2801:82:80ff:8000::2

devuan.dcc.uchile.cl DNS entries
    192.80.24.194

devuan.ipacct.com DNS entries
    195.85.215.180
    2a01:9e40::180

devuan.m10k.jp DNS entries
    160.16.137.156
    2001:e42:102:1704:160:16:137:156

devuan.mine.nu DNS entries
    37.187.111.86

devuan.packet-gain.de DNS entries
    megumin.packet-gain.de
      2a01:4f9:2a:fa9::2
      95.216.15.86

dist-mirror.fem.tu-ilmenau.de DNS entries
    141.24.220.40
    2001:638:904:ffbf::40

espejito.fder.edu.uy DNS entries
    190.64.49.124