:: Re: [DNG] X-server does not load co…
Author: Андрей
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] X-server does not load compiled nvidia's bond driver on Devuan-3.
Приветствую.

В Mon, 23 Sep 2019 15:03:29 +0200, ты писал(а):

> Is the nvidia kernel module actually loaded by the kernel?
>
> $ lsmod | grep nvidia
>
> If not, can you load the modules manually?
>
> $ modprobe nvidia
>
> What are the relevant error messages in Xorg.0.log?

Thank you for the direction!

The problems were two:

1. 390-th bond driver was not for my video card, and the number is
not its version (and looked for higher one). So, i exchanged 390-th
driver with 340-th, that is for my video card. Then

2. 340-th driver wasn'r loaded by x-server. The reason for me still
remains unknown, but imperiticaly i have found, that the presence of

nvidia-alternative
nvidia-legacy-check

packages on Devuan-3 (testing) installation prevents 340-th bond
driver from being loaded by the x-server, therefore, having removed
the packages, i've got working x-server under the bond driver again.

Андрей.