:: Re: [DNG] ..the D in Systemd is for…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..the D in Systemd is for Directories: Poettering says his creation will phone /home in future ... albeit with broken SSH login
Since, some mentioned KDE, I would like to recount my latest
experience with it. I was having difficulty with XFCE as its touch pad
configuration is very poor. Moving the mouse pointer around was like
dragging 100Kg across rough ground! The displacement of the mouse
pointer across the screen was less than the actual displacement of my
finger on the touch pad!

Currently, I am running KDE without having issues of bloat, and my
system, is definitely not state of the art.

With Waterfox, medit and simple-netaid (Lazarus version) running this
is my memory use:
                     total        used        free      shared
buff/cache   available
Mem:           3835         820        1966         113        1048        2658
Swap:             0           0           0

Needless to state, I did not install the complete KDE desktop. KDE is
not burdening my poor integrated GPU as it defaulted to a very basic
rendering mode. I do not know whether this is a direct consequence of
KDE itself, or the fact, the kernel is having problems with the i915
graphics driver. In fact, the kernel is reporting a buffer underrun at
startup. This is a bug that existed several years ago, but recently,
and because I use Devuan, it has shown it ugly head again.

On 28/09/2019, Dan Purgert <dan@???> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2019, golinux@??? wrote:
>> Sigh . . . If only Devuan development could generate the participation
>> and
>> enthusiasm that the silliness of systemd bashing does . . .
>
> I gotta get less bad at a lot of things before I can help there :(.
>
> --
> |_|O|_|
> |_|_|O| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert

(Albert Einstein)
If you cannot make abstructions about details you do not understand
the concepts underlying them.