:: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan mee…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Aug. 21, 2019
On dc., set. 04 2019, jaromil@??? wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019, golinux@??? wrote:
>
>> Lack of access to infrastructure is an ongoing issue for many
>> months
>> (even years). A quick search for "naboo" turned up these
>> snippets
>> from early last month:
>
> thanks. I cannot evince from all these logs the reason people
> are
> asking access to one of our servers which is not really involved
> in
> Devuan operations. Naboo contains confidential data for Dyne, so
> is
> not reachable from the outside. I'm quite sure there is a
> misunderstanding, which I'd prefer to solve in private.
>
> We will be getting in touch with ralph and make sure any problem
> and/or misunderstanding is solved. I'd prefer to use this
> mailinglist
> to share certainities.

Certainty: nobody wants to mess with Dyne's stuff just because.

Since it's already here, but without going into detail: there are
two things that are unrelated, except for Dyne's infra being
involved in one way or another and may have been mistakenly put
together because of that.

1. The mentioned server itself is actually irrelevant, why it is
mentioned is because it is believed to be the last known path to
have been used to build installers, as golinux properly quoted.

2. Access to some Devuan infra (provided by nextime) relies/relied
on a Dyne-provide jump host, that path appears to be dead.

I hope that clarifies things.
--
Evilham