:: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan mee…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Aug. 21, 2019
On 2019-09-03 01:23, Jaromil wrote:
> dear devs
>
> On Mon, 02 Sep 2019, Plasma wrote:
>
>> And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
>> Wednesday, August 21st, 2019.
>> ## New Actions
>> - Need access to naboo <- parazyd, jaromil please communicate
>
> back from holidays I read this just now after reading an IRC query
> that golinux left mentioning the issue as an 'emergency', so I went
> searching through the meeting notes for confirmation and yesterday
> I've found this.
>
> I'm very sorry this happened and for any problems it may have caused,
> we'll look into it ASAP.
>
> In future I suggest that, if there is anything urgent or anything at
> all to be communicated, the best way to prompt me is to timely post an
> email on this list and/or in private; this way you can be sure that
> the issue has been acknowledged, at least I'm sure that both me and
> parazyd reliably read emails and this list.
>
> thanks for your patience
>
> ciao

Welcome back!

Lack of access to infrastructure is an ongoing issue for many months
(even years). A quick search for "naboo" turned up these snippets from
early last month:

#devuan-infra

2019-08-09.log [09:05:05] <fsmithred> on a dyne server (naboo). Just ask
jaromil/parazyd. There should be a

08:05:04 <fsmithred> From KatolaZ: Both jessie (since beta2) and ascii
(since the first beta) were built
08:05:05 <fsmithred> on a dyne server (naboo). Just ask jaromil/parazyd.
There should be a
08:05:05 <fsmithred> folder under my home there with a README and all
the steps needed to
08:05:05 <fsmithred> build the installer ISOs.

2019-08-09.log [22:29:59] <rrq> jaromil: parazyd: is access to "naboo"
on option for mortals?

A point release is long overdue and iiuc, those capable to do so need
access to "naboo" to accomplish that because Devuan infra is unworkable
due to nextime's prolonged absence and reluctance to give access:

#devuan-infra

2019-09-03.log [06:40:34] <rrq> jaromil: or parazyd: would any of you be
able to set me up with access to nextime's dak and ci ?
2019-08-27.log [09:08:32] <rrq> parazyd: or jaromil: would any of you be
able to set me up with access to nextime's dak and ci ?
2019-08-23.log [11:47:15] <rrq> parazyd: or jaromil: would any of you be
able to set me up with access to nextime's dak and ci ?
2019-08-16.log [23:41:42] <rrq> parazyd: would you be able to set me up
with access to nextime's dak and ci ?

The updated ascii release notes have been prepared so as soon as the
isos are built we can get that task out of the way and move on to the
beowulf release.

After that perhaps we can move all Devuan infra to servers that we have
appropriate access to. And then also do the gitea migration.

Thanks for your cooperation.

golinux