:: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde …
Author: mp
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde abajo ante la emergenciaecológica // Democracy from below to overcome ecological emergency

On 31/08/2019 09:56, Patrice Riemens wrote:

> Move your commitment to the environment up by bringing your mediated
> mobility down!

Cyberspace vs. aviation. The former is the source of more carbon
emissions on standard calculations, as far as I am aware(, though I find
carbon-calculative activism a distractive reductionistic exercise). Both
are in place and running all the time.

How come the one is evil and the other is good? Both connect people,
even if virtual communication is incredibly low bandwidth.

Are you by any chance falling into a virtue-signalling trap, or do you
have a definite, bullet-proof point?

Like the global food processing industry's unholy alliance with veganism
supports petrochemical, capitalist food provisioning, so does the
anti-flying sentiments seem to support
Apple/Google/Microsoft/Cisco/whoever et al.

Are the answers as clear cut as you present them and do they warrant
such strong ethical condemnation? And come to think of it, what were the
questions?