:: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde …
Author: Rob van Kranenburg
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde abajo ante la emergenciaecológica // Democracy from below to overcome ecological emergency
Hi Paula,

Can we set up a meeting in Paris if you are still there? ) or Brussels after that meeting to discuss what came out and discuss further?

I am now reading Lenin, Tiqqun, Mlatatesta and with Federico Bonelli The Pedagogy of the Oppressed and we are starting to write a text on how this will look in the world we are in now ’the integral now, the fish bowl).

We have to build new tools for mediation and conflict management aiming at moving as much of the current infrastructural and service value into a networked environment with new governance mechanisms and new roles for current actors: .gov, .biz, citizen.

My personal opinion:
The current global protest of Millennials in Hong Kong versus notions of social credit systems (reality) and Extinction Rebellion versus Climate Change have currently no driver in a positively realistic assessment of the potential of new technologies IoT, AI, Blockchain to foster fairness and transparency, as well as mitigate climate change through full resource management. The tools they are currently using, tactics from the 90s, may/will end in a massive loss of talent, resources and potential for further cooperation.

Greetings, Rob

Greetings, Rob