:: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde …
Author: Patrice Riemens
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Democracia desde abajo ante la emergenciaecológica // Democracy from below to overcome ecological emergency

Aloha,

Ahem ....

On 2019-08-31 10:50, Paula Vélez wrote:
> ENG
>
> Important, to share!
>
> from 6 to 13 september will happen a global preliminary meeting for
> building a broad confluence of bottom-up democratic structures to
> overcome the planetary ecological emergency.
>
> The meeting will be hosted in Reijkavik, Iceland, , and will be also
> possible to join online.

Looks to me a very decentral location, reacheable only by plane for most
participants ...

> We are sharing with you the proposal to participate in this meeting to
> discuss grassroots movements’ new political strategies in the
> worldwide
> current emergency of both ecological and political crises, with the
> goal
> to confederate in a transnational movement that instead of protesting
> and making demands to politicians, focuses on empowering people and
> communities around the world to take over the situation for themselves
> and build the alternatives that the planet needs.
>
> See the call and the register form here:
>
> https://democraticconfederalism.earth/2019/07/30/democraticconfederalism-earth/
>
> Is less than one week, but still possible to make it in
> person if you would like to join.

... which does not sound like a good idea at all ...

> If you cant come in person, you can register to join online.
> https://democraticconfederalism.earth/contact-us/

... beter, but would be good if everybody was doing that in that of
flying around ...

> We count with a first draft of the program
> https://democraticconfederalism.earth/meeting-program/
>
> Still if you cant come, perhaps could contribute to support the people
> that can make it
> https://coopfunding.net/campaigns/building-worldwide-democratic-confederalism/

To me looks this definitely looks like a 'very bad good idea' ...

> more info in the website: Democraticconfederalism.earth

Move your commitment to the environment up by bringing your mediated
mobility down!

Cheerio, p+7D!