:: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan …
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: Dmitry Bogatov
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan development team
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:

> merging from kaction, I suppose

the only potential problem I see with Dmitry's proposal in
kaction/apt-cacher-ng is that the git commit history is missing, I
mean is not preserving the history from salsa.

IMHO this is an issue I'd be up for debating, since debian/ChangeLog
reports the history and since dealing with git has been a burden for
contributors in the past, leading them nowhere for various reasons.

however, since we asked everyone so far: please Dmytry would you mind
crafting your repository to keep the history of the commits here
https://salsa.debian.org/blade/apt-cacher-ng ?

in case any problems arise with that, please do not hesitate informing
us here about them.

thanks,
ciao