:: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan …
Author: Dmitry Bogatov
To: Evilham
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan development team

[ Please keep me in CC ]

[2019-08-21 14:37] Evilham <devuan@???>
> > On dt., ag. 20 2019, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> >> I am calling for review of package 'apt-cacher-ng', located at:
> >> [...]
> >
> > I'll see if I can help you out with apt-cacher-ng, I should
> > probably set that up to save time and bandwidth anyway :-).
> > Though maybe someone else has more experience with it and or is
> > otherwise more qualified or willing to do that.
>
> A few things:
>
> 1. As jaromil mentioned, we try to keep the git history, it's
> normal to get it "wrong" the first time since it's not entirely
> obvious. I basically got salsa's debian/3.2-2 tag and
> cherry-picked your 2 commits in there.
>    A repo with these changes and git history:
>    https://git.devuan.org/evilham/apt-cacher-ng/commits/suites/unstable

Okay, I see.

> 2. These changes appear to only remove libsystemd0 and service
> files.
>    - libsystemd0: I thought removing the libsystemd0 dependency
>    everywhere was not even a long-term goal in Devuan, since we
>    now have libelogind0 and it effectively removes systemd's code
>    while being compatible with Debian's packages.

This is quite... disappointing. Not to start flame war, but for my taste
libelogind0 it is no better than libsystemd0. Not sure I have motivation
to contribute to Devuan in this case.

Sorry for noise and time spent.

>    - service files: we are not removing these as they are harmless
>    and not worth the overhead to remove them. There was a setting
>    to keep those from being installed by apt, I can look for it
>    and we probably should add that to documentation since people
>    ask this all the time, but it shouldn't be a reason to fork
>    packages and not worth the added effort over many packages.

Okay. By the way, it is dpkg --ignore configuration, not apt. Something
like

    echo 'path-exclude=/var/lib/system/*' >> /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/exclude

--
Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once in a few days.
Please, mention in body of your reply when you add or remove recepients.