:: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan …
Author: Evilham
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: Dmitry Bogatov
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] On joining Devuan development team
On dt., ag. 20 2019, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:

> [ Please keep me in CC on replies ]
>
> I am calling for review of package 'apt-cacher-ng', located at:
>
>     https://git.devuan.org/kaction/apt-cacher-ng

> at branch 'from/3.2-2', signed tag devuan/3.2-2+devuan1, hash
> [04aa883].
> To build package:
>
>     $ git checkout from/3.2-2
>     $ gbp buildpackage --ignore-branch -us -uc

> NB: Upstream build system always links with libsystemd if it can
> find
> it; I did not change it. So, build on system with libsystemd-dev
> installed /will/ link to libsystemd. Build in
> sbuild/pbuilder/etc
> instead.
>
>> On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, kaction@??? wrote:
>>
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I am looking for a way to join development team of Devuan.
>> > Several months ago I
>> > tried to contribute cleansed `apt-cacher-ng' package, but
>> > seems it was
>> > unfortunate time. It was time of issues with servers and
>> > heated discussions
>> > about 1 april's joke. So, my package did not entered devuan.
>> >
>> > Yesterday I learned that `apt' depends and `libsystemd0'. It
>> > was last
>> > drop. This time I really mean it. I want to cleanse packages.
>> > And I want to
>> > have place to upload them. I am looking for becoming Devuan
>> > Developer, or how
>> > it is called. I am ready for New Member trial, of whatever.
>> >
>> > As for technicall skills, I am contributor to Debian since
>> > 2014, and Debian
>> > Developer since 2018. I am maintainer of `runit' init system,
>> > one of active
>> > maintainers of sysvinit and dozens of other Unixy packages.

FWIW: you basically already develop Devuan, important bits of it;
even if indirectly atm.

I don't think anyone following development would doubt your
ability and willingness to contribute to De{vu,bi}an.

As for switching to making that directly: if you are able to, it'd
be interesting (though not strictly necessary) that you attended a
Devuan meeting, you'll find the social aspects of a small team are
relevant.

I'll see if I can help you out with apt-cacher-ng, I should
probably set that up to save time and bandwidth anyway :-).
Though maybe someone else has more experience with it and or is
otherwise more qualified or willing to do that.
--
Evilham