:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: H. Nikolaus Schaller, Adam Ford
CC: Tony Lindgren, Paweł Chmiel, Philipp Rossak, moaz korena, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Filip Matijević, Tomi Valkeinen, linux-omap, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, maemo-leste, Linux Kernel Mailing List
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5
Hi,

>> Am 19.08.2019 um 21:43 schrieb Adam Ford <aford173@???>:
>>
>>> Thanks to the help from the Pyra community, I was able to get a (binary) reference
>>> implementation using DRM that works on Pyra/OMAP5. At least the gles1test1.
>>
>> just a question,
>>
>> If DRM is working, does that mean it works without needing the overhead of X?
>
> Yes, we have to kill X11 to successfully run the gles1test1. An interesting question
> will be how to mix both... E.g. have a 3D rendering in a window controlled by some
> window manager.

This is probably what you want to look at / start with:
https://github.com/TexasInstruments/dri3wsegl

Cheers,
Merlijn